Sacred Valley with Machu Picchu Tour
The Sacred Valley with Machu Picchu located between the districts of Calca and Urubamba and is a route where you can visit and observe a variety of very important archaeological sites in the time of the Incas that until today remain in very good condition. Also along the route you will be able to observe the Urubamba river, very important river in the past time and today, at the same time you can observe plantations of corn, potato quinoa among others.
Itinerary Sacred Valley with Machu Picchu:
Day 01: Cusco – Sacred Valley – Aguas Calientes town.
This day we will pick you up at 8:00 am approximately from the rejoicing square which is located 1 block from the main square, then we will go to the town of Pisaq for about 1 hour and a half, where we will visit the first archaeological site with the same name PISAQ, after a guided tour we will go to another archaeological site called Ollantaytambo this tour will be approximately 2 hours, we will also go to explore this place with the guide. Throughout this tour we will make strategic stops (viewpoints, Pisaq handicraft market, lunch in Urubamba).
In Ollantaytambo you will finish the tour approximately 16:00 and then you will have free time, the train will leave at 16:36 or 19:00 to Aguas Calientes, you will go to the station to board the train (Please, you have to be 30 minutes before at the train station). Travel to Aguas Calientes (1:45 hours approx), at the train station you will be picked up to take you to the Hotel.
Day 02 town Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
The second day we will go early to the archaeological site of Machupicchu for the guided visit, this day we will take the bus for about 25 minutes from the bus station in Aguas Calientes to the main entrance of Machupicchu.
Also if you have booked your entrance for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain you will have enough time to walk around and get different views of Machu Picchu.
According to your train schedule, you will have to take a bus down to Aguas Calientes.
You will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up by bus back to Cusco.
Included / Not Included
- Tourist Bus from Cusco to the Sacred Valley Tour.
- Lunch at the Sacred Valley Tour.
- Professional Guide Spanish / English in Pisac and Ollantaytambo.
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Reception and transfer to the hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 night Hotel* in Aguas Calientes with breakfast.
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide English / Spanish in Machupicchu.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Lunch and dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Tourist Ticket (entrance of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo).
- Visit to Machupicchu or Huaynapiucchu mountain (65 US dollars).
- General Tourist Ticket: S/.130.00 nuevos soles.
- General Tourist Ticket with Student Card S/.70.00 nuevos soles.
The full tourist ticket is valid for 10 days and allows entrance to most of the Inca archaeological sites around Cusco and the Sacred Valley (16 sites). This is a better option if you plan to also combine the city tour, or visit any of the archaeological sites outside the Sacred Valley in Cusco.
- Partial tourist ticket for S/.70.00 nuevos soles, this is valid for 1 day and will allow entrance to all archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley.
What to bring?
Recommendations to bring:
- Adequate clothing for 2 days tour.
- Adequate backpack
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Comfortable walking shoes or boots
- Sun block lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun hat
- Extra money