Machu Picchu by Train Tour 2 Days
This tour Machu Picchu by Train consists of visiting the wonder of the world MACHUPICCHU in a more leisurely way, spending one night in the magical town of Aguas Calientes.
Machupicchu is located in the northeast of the city of Cusco at 109 kilometers, at the beginning of the high jungle at 2400 masl, the nearest town is called Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu, this town is located on the right side of the Urubamba River one of the longest rivers in Peru and main tributary of the Amazon River.
Day 01: Cusco – Ollantaytambo train station – Aguas Calientes town
This day we will pick you up at 10:00 am approximately from the hotel and then go to Ollantaytambo train station and take the train to the town of Aguas Calientes. Once we arrive to the town of Aguas Calientes we will go to the hotel.
The afternoon after lunch will be free, where you can perhaps go to the thermal baths, butterfly interpretation museum, Alcamary waterfall, Mandor waterfall or just walk around the small town. In the evening we will eat dinner and also the briefing for the visit to Machupicchu.
Day 02: Aguas Calientes town – Machupicchu – Cusco
The second day very early we will go to the archaeological site of Machupicchu for the guided visit, this day we will take the bus for about 25 minutes from the bus station in Aguas Calientes to the main entrance of Machupicchu.
Also if you have booked your entrance for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain you will have enough time to walk around and get different views of Machu Picchu.
According to your train schedule, you will have to take a bus down to Aguas Calientes.
You will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up by bus back to Cusco.
Included / Not Included
- Hotel pick up in Cusco.
- Bus from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Reception at the train station in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 1 night hotel w/breakfast included
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu.
- Professional guide in Machupicchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- First or second lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Visit to Machupicchu or Huaynapiucchu mountain (65 US dollars)
- Tip to the guide
What to bring?
Recommendations to bring:
- Adequate clothing for 2 days tour
- Adequate backpack
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Comfortable walking shoes or boots
- Sun block lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun hat
- Extra money